For the first half of class we talked about how to use a Moodle: How we can use it to record our students' voices and create online assignments to assess language students' pronunciations. This could be a useful tool if the school allowed access to Moodle and hooked it up for each teacher. I like that it's free, though I'm sure the ones you have to pay for are easier to use and have more features!
We then discussed forums and how we can use them facilitate discussion and communication among members of a course, especially an online course. Personally, I find discussion boards annoying to use in a classroom setting. I much prefer in-person communication. Sometimes, though, there's no choice, so a discussion board does make it possible for people to post their thoughts and interact with the thoughts of others.
This is to be my final posting, as tomorrow and Friday we will be working on our final project (directions posted below). I have learned a great deal in this class, and I have created an extremely useful list of online resources I hope to use if I get a position teaching in the fall! Thank you, Dr. Larouche, for your patience in teaching us how to use technology and for sharing the masses of knowledge you have acquired over the years!
No comments:
Post a Comment