Today's topic was SMART Technologies. First we discussed the various uses of a SMARTBoard, including showing students how to access various websites, solving complicated word problems, creating charts and graphs, even rolling a dice using Notepad. I was shocked to find out that most teachers in Alberta have a SMARTBoard, but teachers have received no PD on how to use it. I have never used one, but I can see its usefulness and would like to spend an hour or two playing around with it so I could become profiecient.
Another technology Dr. Larouche mentioned were SMART clickers, which are useful for having students answer multiple choice questions as a class. This would be fantastic for provincial testing practice as a class. Students like to be involved and receive immediate feedback. Another good idea is doing a learning styles profile at the beginning of the year.
A couple of useful websites we visited today were the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives site and the SMART resources site, where teachers can post lesson ideas for the SMARTBoard. Both of these will be very useful websites when I am placed in a classroom with a SMARTBoard.
Andres Sanchez, Spanish Language Advisor, andres.sanchez@gov.ab.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment